ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCESS
AMP 2018 Abstract Submission
Do you have cutting-edge research that will advance critical limb ischemia management?
The AMPutation Prevention Symposium (AMP) invites you to submit abstracts for consideration and presentation at the 8th annual meeting taking place from August 8–11, 2018 in Chicago, Illinois.
This is your opportunity to share your research with leading vascular specialists and healthcare professionals from around the world.
We invite you to participate by submitting a 2,500 character abstract that describes your work with relevance to critical limb ischemia.
All submitted abstracts will undergo peer review and are reviewed for quality of research, educational or scientific content, logical presentation, and impact on healthcare.
Accepted abstracts will be eligible for one or more of the following:
- Poster Display (All accepted abstracts). Present your research in the form of a scientific or educational poster display with dedicated viewing times scheduled.
- Best Poster Award (One selected abstract). All displayed posters will be eligible.
- Discounted Registration (All accepted abstracts). Abstract authors who are accepted for poster display will receive a 50% discount on registration for the person attending to present the poster(s), as well as a 25% discount for any subsequent authors wishing to attend.
Due to popular demand, the extended deadline for abstract submission is 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, July 1, 2018.
All abstracts must be submitted electronically via the official AMP abstract submissions website. Paper abstract submissions will not be accepted.
CLICK HERE to submit your abstract.
Submission Instructions & Guidelines
- Abstracts must include the following parts:
- Material and Methods
- Do not re-enter the abstract title or the authors' names/institutions in the text portion of the submission.
- Do not enter images or tables in the text portion of the submission.
The final abstract length cannot exceed 2,500 characters total.
Author and Affiliation Information
- The authors in the author list should be listed in the order that they should appear in program materials.
- List the complete name including a full first name, middle initials, last name, and credentials for each author, as it should appear in program materials.
- Please do not include author institutions, or contact information in the author list, or body of the abstract. If you enter author’s institutions or contact information in the author list or abstract body, they will be removed.
- An author’s name may appear on multiple abstracts, but if possible, they should appear exactly the same to assist with indexing of the abstracts.
- References are optional. Please limit references to the 10 most pertinent citations.
- The abstract title should adequately convey the content of the abstract and should be entered using Proper Case. Please avoid use of abbreviations and do not exceed 120 characters, including spaces.
Authors must affirm that if this abstract has been presented previously, the meeting location and date are identified. Abstracts previously presented, accepted for presentation, or submitted for presentation at any other meeting may be submitted for presentation. However, if another professional organization has publication rights to the work, the work cannot be submitted to AMP unless the author obtains a written waiver from the other professional organization.
- Abstract Submissions Site Open: Friday, May 4, 2018
- Abstract Submissions Site Closed: Sunday, June 17, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST
- Acceptance/Wait List Notifications: Week of July 2, 2018
- Withdrawal Deadline: Friday, July 13, 2018
- Registration/Intent to Present Due: Friday, July 13, 2018
Abstracts must be submitted by Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
NOTIFICATION AND TERMS OF ACCEPTANCE
- Acceptance notifications will be sent via email during the week of July 2, 2018.
- The acceptance/rejection notification email will be sent to the main contact identified in the abstract.
- Abstracts are selected on the basis of scientific merit.
- Expenses associated with the presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the presenter.
- At least one presenting/submitting author per abstract must register for the AMP meeting.
- The 50% discount on registration applies as a one-time use for the person presenting the poster(s) at the conference.
If accepted, authors must notify AMP of their participation by emailing Emily Gibson at email@example.com and registering for the meeting. Please note: AMP will not hold or guarantee space for poster displays until notified of the author’s participation.
All accepted abstracts will be poster presentations. The poster size should be no larger than 8' wide x 4' high (243 cm x 121 cm). The orientation for posters is horizontal.
Poster numbers will be assigned in early July and primary contacts will be notified via email.
Acceptance of the abstract by the review committee obligates the author to be present. If circumstances prevent attendance, the author must arrange for the poster to be presented by a substitute, preferably a co-author. If you wish to withdraw your abstract, you must submit your request in writing by Friday, July 13, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the abstract title and first author. Failure to comply may result in ineligibility for future AMP meeting abstract submissions as first author.
On rare occasions, presenters scheduled to present their poster fail to show up and have not notified AMP of their change in plans. When presenters do not appear to present their poster, the planning efforts of the Abstract Committee in providing a quality program are significantly diminished, there are significant cost implications, and the audience is unnecessarily disappointed with empty poster boards. Staff will audit all posters for no-shows, which may result in ineligibility for future AMP meetings.
For questions regarding the abstract process, please contact Emily Gibson at email@example.com.